Monday, March 7, 2011

Sunrise in St Clair Beach, Dunedin

Looking back at my previous trips, there have always been incidences I regret not being more invested in the process of taking the pictures I did. This one in particular in St Clair beach, Dunedin.


I love this beach! Fine sand so soft to the touch, my feet never felt so pampered. The gradient of the slope so gradual, it offers such wide area of the sand and the shallow waters (readers who have not been to Singapore's East Coast Park would have to imagine a beach so steep and constantly eroding to understand). Most of all, I really love the wind and the waves coming in from the Southern Ocean.


Above all, the broken pier really made for a great photographic subject. Forming straight lines from the land to the shore, worn by the elements. Looking back at these pictures, I really feel that I could have done better. I was so caught up with trying to get the waves, I stood too far in to capture more of the pillars behind. On the other hand, I was too concerned with the seawater wetting my jeans that I did not venture farther to get more of the crashing waves.


I know I would love to visit Dunedin again. Such a lovely city.





No comments:

Post a Comment