Friday, May 13, 2011

First sunrise

By then, we were almost half way into our trip, and still no good weather for sunrise or sunset shoot yet. That day was our day trip to visit the Himeji Castle and Nara park. As our itinerary does not start till 8am, I took a risk and ride the 5am train to Osaka Castle.

I was rewarded with the best sunrise yet. Clear sky, deep saturated colours that gradually changed from deep blue to deep orange. The only pickle: I cannot get anywhere near the castle! Such was meant to be.

This is my best attempt at the castle in the morning. Next to me was an old man using film camera. I did not want to invade his space but from what I can see, I think it was probably the likes of Canon A1 or Nikon F2.

Following which we had the shortest visit to Himeji Castle before the authorities install scaffolding around the castle for restoration. It will be another 3 years or so before they complete it. Till then.




No comments:

Post a Comment