Saturday, February 12, 2011

Job Hazard

I have not finished tagging my Japan Trip pictures after migrating to Lightroom, so I shall come back to that topic much later. In fact, I now have about another 2.5k pieces of Europe Trip pictures too. Later.


During the long weekend Chinese New Year break, there was a clear night on Friday that resulted in a clear sunrise on Saturday. I thought I'd take my chances on Sunday and went for a shoot on the Marina Bay.


I was not so lucky, the cloud was low and haze-like, producing very dull over cast blue. I read from photographer Varina Patel's blog that landscape photography is hard work. She made countless hikes to the ideal vantage points for her shoots, only to come back without a single shot as the light was not fantastic.


Like her, I have made several trips to similar locations, but I don't always gets the lighting I want. My wife always asks me why do I make repeat visits to the same places. Even if I do get good light once in a while, I do like to re-visit places for each time, I get a slightly different light and mood, and I get a certain satisfaction from that.


So here it is, the only 3 shots I took that morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment