Friday, February 25, 2011

My favourite wave patterns

Went with some friends to East Coast Park to re-do the 1st Jan 2011 shoot at the pipe. Had been monitoring the weather for the whole week. The twilight and sunrise moments has been improving over the last few days right up till Friday, it was brilliant. Weather forecast has been mainly showers with thunder in the afternoon.


However, Friday afternoon's rain came late in the evening. But it poured the sky dry and I could see more than 50% clear sky. Onward with the shoot!


Come morning and we got lackluster sky, with distant clouds at a low angle, blocking the orange rays of the sun. Such is the life of a landscape photographer. Since we are already there, I made the most of it - shoot my favourite subject: waves.


The lighting was very even due to the cloudy sky. It was not hard to get sub-1sec shutter. I have learnt through many tries that the best shutter time to get the waves in action is about 1sec. preferably less than 1sec.


Here are some of my favourite waves from this morning.




Not willing to let the poor lighting waste my morning, I took a composite shot, composed of some waves, and a long exposure of the clouds' movement.


Looks like I have to give this location a few more tries in order to get the sky that I want. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment