Thursday, February 17, 2011

Not all work and no play

Ok, I got a little carried away when I found out that we are going to run an event at 1-Altitude, the highest point in Singapore. I have been dying to make a trip up to Sky Park, Marina Bay Sands, but that has not happened yet. So I sneaked in my camera into the event, and waited for it to be over before hopping up to the rooftop.


What a feeling to be top of the world. Everything is like a toy. I especially love the view of Singapore River's Boat Quay. These little Tong Kangs ferrying along, with miniature people in the boats, by the banks, in the shops. Then there is the financial district to the west, with the newest buildings like One Marina Raffles.


After taking it all in, I set up my camera and started looking for a shot. And I looked, and I looked... there was almost NONE! Yes. I am at the tallest point all right, but compositionally speaking, there isn't a good city skyline/distance to shoot . The buildings are too close, I am literally seeing their rooftop cooling towers. Then I realised - I am in the city skyline!


Boy, do I wish I was at Sky Park instead. Now I know, for a good city skyline shot, I need 2 things: not be in it; a clearing between me and the skyline. Now that is what makes Sky Park a much better option. Till then, here are some pictures. Not ones that I am proud of, but some of them more fun to make than others.






No comments:

Post a Comment